During the course of an electrifying meeting at Udyog Bhavan, Minister of Commerce & Industry, Mr. Piyush Goyal, along with Minister of Steel, Mr. Dharmendra Pradhan, squarely addressed some of the burning issues of the Steel Industry and directed that immediate steps be taken on:
- Submission of Supplementary Data to DGTR to expedite decision on Safeguard duties.
- Procedure to be initiated for removal of Chapter 72 Steel Items from RCEP.
- Steel Industry to supply steel to EEPC units at export price.
- Extension of obligation period for meeting EGPC commitments.
- Review of current FTA commitments.
- Issue of Quality Control Order for Tin Plates latest by 30th June, 2019.
- Bring into operation the "Steel Import Monitoring Agency" (SIMA).