One of the primary reasons for the formation of the Communication Sub-Committee was ‘Brand Building of Steel’ in India.
The areas of deliberations included
- Greater participation across member companies to this Sub-Committee. Member companies to contribute to the website of ISA
- New approaches to brand building of steel
- Generating more visibility for India Steel Association in the media
- Initiating creative campaigns for using quality steel in India
- Ideation on the development of integrated communications strategy for Indian Steel
Ms. Sumita Dutta, Executive Director (Corporate Affairs), SAIL is currently the Chairperson for the committee.
Following are the Members of the Sub-Committee:
- Ms. Sumita Dutta, SAIL
- Mr. B. Ganesh Pai, Essar Steel India Ltd.
- Mr. Kulvin Suri, Tata Steel
- Mr. Frederick Castro, JSW
- Mr. Amitabh S. Mudgal, Monnet Group
- L B Chaurasia, OMPL
- Mr Rajiv Gupta, Jindal Stainless
- Mr Manas Mohan Ghosh, INSDAG
- Mr. Ranjan Kr Upadhyay, Arjas Steel Private Ltd.
- Mr. Arvind Pande, RINL
- Mr. Mithun Roy, JSW
- Mr. Rajamoni Borah, JSPL
- Mr. Ravi Kumar, Tata Steel
Formed in February 2016, the Sub-Committee is convened by Mr Himanshu Negi – Manager, Media and Communications, Indian Steel . It holds several meetings in a year to frame strategies for pushing the branding of steel in the country.